Great resources for information on languages that are present in the footprint of the Diocese of Lismore. Covering:
- Bundjalung languages [North Coast NSW; South East Qeensland]
- Yaygirr [Lower Clarence]
- Gumbaynggirr [Grafton, Nambucca]
- Dhanggati [Kempsey.] For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gathang [language of Birrbay Nation with a geographical region of Port Macquarie to Nelson Bay]
And languages south of Lismore Diocese:
- Awabakal and Wonnarua [e.g. Singleton, Newcastle]
- Darkinyung [e.g. Wyong, Cessnock].
Books are available from Muurrbay cover each of the above languages. An overview of NSW languages is available from Muurrbay:
Jim Wafer & Amanda Lissarrague (2008) A handbook of Aboriginal languages of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory, Muurrbay Aboriginal Language and Culture Cooperative.
For more information about Aboriginal Culture.